Links to external sites
The following site links are collected for your convenience and open in their own page or tab.
Western Wheeler Historical Archives
Flat Tyres (monthly club newsletter), Ride Schedules, Ride Statistics, Awards, Big Wheels, Club History, Email List Archive (incarnations preceding Google Groups), Routes collection (in need of updates and curation)
Other sites…We do not necessarily endorse these respective sites. Each external site has its own privacy policies.
Member owned cycling-related businesses
Agile Compass is owned and operated by Western Wheeler Michael Khaw. It specializes in cycling tours for small groups of enthusiastic cyclists in Piedmont, northwestern Italy, and the Rhone-Alpes region of southeastern France, every week May–September. Both locations, far off the well-worn tourist tracks, offer a wide variety of scenic terrain and rides on quiet roads suitable for C- through E riders, as well as excellent regional cuisine and cultural attractions.
Recycle bikes and parts
The Pain Whisperer
Western Wheeler member, Shoshana Mueller, MPT, CWP. Masters in Physical Therapy and certified Watsu Practitioner, has opened her practice as a physical therapist, trainer, and rehab coach in Los Altos. She offers a one-time free evaluation of pain, injury, or bike fit issues and can discuss care moving forward. Schedule an appointment at 541-647-7374 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tires, Inner tubes & Chains: Performance Bike stores have marked bins (Peninsula & S Bay locations)
- SVBC Bike Exchange, Mountain View
- The Bike Exchange accepts donated bikes and parts, and volunteers repair/fix up these bikes. Most of the bikes are then given to kids and adults who need wheels. Some of the donated bikes are fundamentally good enough that, after cleanup and repair, they are offeredat nominal cost to help cover costs of the exchange. This is a particularly good source for someone looking for a starter or a second bike. Many of the road bikes are perfect entry or intermediate level bikes for “Women” (46-48-50-52cm sizes).Twice a month, the Bike Exchange has Saturday Work Days at the Leghorn Street facility. If you have worked on bikes, or if you would like to learn how to work on bikes, we would like to have your help. There are experts available to help out those who need it. Other Western Wheelers frequently help repair bikes for this good cause.
- Good Karma Bikes, San Jose
- We reinvest the money we make in our full-service bike shop to employ people in recovery and to help their re-entry. We call this transitionary employment; people demonstrate that their recovery is on firm ground and they are ready to get back in the game. Western Wheelers frequently help repair bikes for this good cause.