There are three remaining Blood Drives in 2021, in conjunction with the Stanford Blood Center:
|Wednesday, Apr. 28, 2021
|Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021
|Wednesday, Nov.17, 2021
Blood centers remain open and donating blood is considered an "essential activity." New safety guidelines have been put in place in response to COVID-19 to ensure the safety of the donors and staff. (See link below with information about what those measures are.)
Three locations available: Choose the location that is most convenient for you and sign up on the corresponding link to make an appointment for the April 28 date.
1. Stanford Blood Center Menlo Park, 445 Burgess Drive
Menlo Park appointments (7 am - 3 pm) :
2. Stanford Blood Center Mountain View, 515 South Dr Suite #2
Mountain View appointments (12 noon-7:30 pm) :
3. Stanford Blood Center South Bay in Campbell, 295 Hamilton Ave
Campbell appointments (12 noon- 7:30 pm) :
This link contains the safety measures that the blood center has put in place in response to COVID-19: https://stanfordbloodcenter.org/faq-on-novel-coronavirus-and-blood-donation/
Here is a summary of the policies currently in place at all of the donation sites:
- As always, all of our equipment during the donation process is sterilized, and most is single-use only.
- Hand sanitizers are placed next to all donation chairs and in each history booth.
- All donor areas, including the reception/waiting area, canteen, history booths and donation chairs are cleaned frequently.
- We have increased the spacing between donation chairs to approximately six feet apart or more (to the extent possible) so that there is more distance between donors during the donation process.
- SBC team members wear face masks and gloves while interacting with donors during the entire donation process.
- SBC is continuing to strictly enforce the policy that team members must NOT report to work if they are feeling unwell.
Blood centers remain open as hospital patients continue to require life-saving donations and there is a need now more than ever for community members to come donate. Stanford Blood Center is honored that the Western Wheelers have supported local patients by giving blood as a group since 2012.
We are an important part of their life-saving team! Come out and join your fellow Wheelers. You can make an appointment at the links above or call 888-723-7831, or email at givebloodSBC@stanford.edu
Be sure to tell the receptionist when you check in that you are participating in the Western Wheelers blood drive.
Due to the 24-hour exercise restriction following blood donation, please plan on auto transportation to get home.
Thank you for donating on April 28, and be sure to mark your calendars for the next dates: August 25 and November 17