LDT logistics have been changed for 2021 to adapt to COVID restrictions!
- Riders can sign in and start at any time during a 30 minute time window.
- We have suggested start times for each ride level, but all riders are welcome to start at any time during the window.
- Riding groups should not exceed 15-20 riders.
- All riders must be WWBC Members.
- As with all WWBC rides, face masks are mandatory for everyone at ride start and at regroups (see details below).
- PRINT ROUTE SHEETS AT HOME – no paper route sheets will be distributed!
- Make sure you “SIGN IN”– we are required to have attendance information for all riders! ("Sign in" will be done verbally at check in table. (Alternately you can text Guy at 650-704-0895. Be sure to include your full name and which route you are doing.)
LDT RIDE: SKYLINE
ALL ROUTES REVISED FOR 2021! Note water/restroom stop at new Castle Rock State Park entrance on Skyline! We’ll climb to Skyline via various routes. C/D/E’s all climb Redwood Gulch, a 1.4 miles steep grade, while B route proceeds directly up Hwy 9. All routes then enjoy a quiet ride south along the summit then descend via Lexington Reservoir and the Los Gatos Creek Trail (there are some gravel sections on the trail) for lunch in the park in Los Gatos. D’s add Kennedy/Shannon after lunch, and E’s add a loop to Almaden and climb Hicks Road. NOTE THAT NO RIDES GO TO BIG BASIN AS THE PARK REMAINS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. Rain cancels. Online route sheets/maps/gps.
INFO: Guy Shuman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-704-0895).
Sign in 9:00 am – 9:30 am. Riders can start riding at any time.
Suggested staggered ride start times for those who want to ride in a group:
C+/D/E Riders: 9:15 departure
B/C- Riders: 9:30 departure
MEETING LOCATION: Saratoga High School (20300 Herriman Avenue, Saratoga, CA). Take Highway 85 to Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd. exit. Turn south (right turn coming from Palo Alto); left on Herriman; right into school.
NOTE: To manage group sizes, club rides are currently open to Western Wheelers members only. Learn about becoming a member
Do not join club rides if you are sick (cough, sore throat, fever, loss of smell). Riders must maintain a safe distance (minimum six feet) from each other. No drafting, pace lines, spitting or blowing noses into the air during rides. All riders must have a face covering (eg. mask, bandana, neck gaiter/buff or other without vents) to be worn at the start of each ride and whenever you are not able to maintain six feet of distance from anyone outside your household(eg. during regroups).
There is risk in all gatherings, since people without symptoms can transmit COVID-19. Participation in club rides is voluntary. Members assume the full and complete risk that is associated with exposure to and infection by COVID-19 during such participation. Please note that in the event Western Wheelers is asked by the department of public health for a list of riders participating in any club ride for purposes of COVID-19 exposure tracing, Western Wheelers will comply with such requests.