LDT logistics have been changed for 2021 to adapt to COVID restrictions!
- Riders can sign in and start at any time during a 30 minute time window.
- We have suggested start times for each ride level, but all riders are welcome to start at any time during the window.
- Riding groups should not exceed 15-20 riders.
- All riders must be WWBC Members.
- As with all WWBC rides, face masks are mandatory for everyone at ride start and at regroups (see details below).
- PRINT ROUTE SHEETS AT HOME – no paper route sheets will be distributed!
- Make sure you “SIGN IN”– we are required to have attendance information for all riders! ("Sign in" will be done verbally at check in table. (Alternately you can text Guy at 650-704-0895. Be sure to include your full name and which route you are doing.)
LDT RIDE: MOUNTAIN CHARLIE
NEW ROUTES AND STARTING LOCATION FOR 2021! Explore the twisty hilly roads of the Santa Cruz Mountains, including some long climbs and wonderful descents. WARNING - The Santa Cruz Mountains have a lot of twisty pot hole filled roads and this ride explores quite a few of them – be safe and take it slow! Starting from our new location in Scotts Valley, C/D/E riders will tackle Mountain Charlie Road to Summit Road early in the ride (while B rider take a more moderate route through the lower mountains). From Summit Store C riders climb Skyland Road, then descend through twisty bumpy roads to Soquel for lunch, while D riders continue down beautiful Eureka Canyon Road to Corralitos and then circle back to lunch in Soquel. E riders take a longer figure eight route that includes climbing Eureka Canyon. Riders make their way back to Scotts Valley via Rodeo Gulch (see route sheets for shortcut option from Soquel). Rain cancels. Online route sheets/maps/gps.
INFO: Guy Shuman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-704-0895).
Sign in 9:00 am – 9:30 am. Riders can start riding at any time.
Suggested staggered ride start times for those who want to ride in a group:
C+/D/E Riders: 9:15 departure
B/C- Riders: 9:30 departure
MEETING LOCATION: NEW LOCATION FOR 2021! Skypark sports fields/skatepark in Scotts Valley (361 Kings Village Road, Scotts Valley, CA). Take Hwy 17 Southbound, exit Mt Hermon Road, R on Mt Hermon, R on Kings Village Road, L at “T” to park. Plenty of parking/restrooms available at park.
NOTE: To manage group sizes, club rides are currently open to Western Wheelers members only. Learn about becoming a member
Do not join club rides if you are sick (cough, sore throat, fever, loss of smell). Riders must maintain a safe distance (minimum six feet) from each other. No drafting, pace lines, spitting or blowing noses into the air during rides. All riders must have a face covering (eg. mask, bandana, neck gaiter/buff or other without vents) to be worn at the start of each ride and whenever you are not able to maintain six feet of distance from anyone outside your household(eg. during regroups).
There is risk in all gatherings, since people without symptoms can transmit COVID-19. Participation in club rides is voluntary. Members assume the full and complete risk that is associated with exposure to and infection by COVID-19 during such participation. Please note that in the event Western Wheelers is asked by the department of public health for a list of riders participating in any club ride for purposes of Covid-19 exposure tracing, Western Wheelers will comply with such requests.